Funeral Recording and Live Streaming
Thoughts and memories during the funeral tell the story of a lifetime. Sharing this occasion can bring great comfort to family and friends who are unable to attend in person. Things can be missed or forgotten on the day. Once emotions settle, the recording of the service provides clarity and a reflection of history for future generations.
How does this Work?
Reger Funeral Home has partnered with a wonderful organization in OneRoom to provide our familes with an unique live streaming and funeral recording experience. Reger Funeral Home is proud to be the first funeral home in West Virginia to offer the OneRoom service. With this partnership we are able to provide livestreaming from within the chapel in our Huntington location with two different camera angles as well as a single camera Livestream for our Ceredo-Kenova location. As of May 2021 we are now able to offer our livestreaming service from any church or graveside that your family may choose. We expect this new service to enhance what we already provide for our families. That is why we are offering the service at a reasonable price and we include a recording of the service provided to the family (on your choice of disk or USB drive). If you would like to know more about this service please ask your funeral director during your preneed or at-need arrangment.
What is OneRoom?
OneRoom discreetly records, streams and stores the service, providing privacy-controlled access for viewing via the Internet. A unique email invitation is circulated to privately invite family and friends to watch the service live or in their own time, on any device. Access to the live stream or recording is as simple as clicking a button in the email. The OneRoom system provides user-selectable camera views for different perspectives inside the chapel, giving the viewer a sense of being there.
What does my family need to do?
It is as easy as talking to your funeral director. Let them know that you would like to utilize the live streaming or recording service. Then your funeral director will ask if you would like your service to be public or private:
- For public services the livestreaming link will be uploaded directly to Reger Funeral Home's website on your loved ones obituary page. From here anyone can click on the link and they will be taken to a landing page until the service starts.
- For private services you will need to provide your funeral director with an email address for the individual who will be your families coordinator for the live streaming service. They will then be sent an email with a forward button in which they can easily forward the link to each family member or friend you wish to invite. Or alternatively family and friends can go to https://oneroomstreaming.com/family-and-friends and login with an email address and a password that will be provided in the email to the family coordinator.
That is all that the family has to do for the live streaming service. Reger Funeral Home in partnership with OneRoom will take care of all other details.
We understand that technology can be difficult often at the worst of times. The following are a few things to do if you can't get the Live Streaming to work.
- Check that you are connected to the internet.
- Make sure that you have the correct start time of the service. Reger Funeral Home is located in the Eastern Time Zone.
- If the service hasn't started yet you will be taken to a landing page. This landing page will have a timer that will countdown starting 1 Hour prior to the start of the service time.
- If the service has started and you cant see any video or are having audio problems please try to refresh your webpage.
- If all the above fails please call Reger Funeral Home in Huntington at (304) 522-2031 and Reger Funeral Home in Ceredo-Kenova at (304) 453-6181.
Reger Funeral Home & Cremation Services
Phone: (304) 522-2031
Fax: (304) 529-4461
1242 Adams Avenue, Huntington, WV 25704
Reger Funeral Home & Crematory Ceredo-Kenova Chapel
Phone: (304) 453-6181
Fax: (304) 453-1715
1135 US-60 P.O. Box 907, Ceredo, WV 25507
© Reger Funeral Home & Cremation Services
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants & TA